Saturday, October 25, 2008

Introductions!

Welcome to my newest blog dedicated to doing a thoughtful reflection on this week's comic releases that I have read. I plan on doing this at least once a week after I have read my issues, and also add additional posts here and there reviewing trades and back issues depending on what strikes my fancy. This will hopefully also work in tandem with a future blog being developed by my colleague and I to do in-depth academic analysis of recent comics runs, trade releases, and long-time favorites.

But why? Aren't there plenty of people writing about the comics that come out on a weekly basis? Yes, but I've found that too often that either:

a.) the writer simply uses it as a forum to rant about how "this comic sucks"

or

b.) the writer is simply unable to articulate what they mean, leading to a rambling incoherent post that may or may not have any use to anyone else.

I hope to avoid these pitfalls and seek to give comprehensive thoughts on the issues as well as do a thoughtful critiques. Initial thoughts and reflections will be posted at the beginning with a simple 2-3 paragraph review, and then spoiler heavy thoughts embedded after, requiring a click.(You'll see what I mean on the next post.)

Enjoy!

-A.M. Roth

No comments: